Information we may collect from you
We will collect and process information that you provide by filling out any of the data collection forms on our site: www.threepeakspartnership.co.uk (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering a challenge, posting material or using the contact form – if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
By using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer (see our cookie use policy for further information), we will attempt to track the details of your visits to our site, the resources that you access, and information about your general internet usage.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do protect your personal data by ensuring your details are transmitted over a secure connection (SSL), we cannot completely guarantee the security of your data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To contact you regarding the details of the challenge which you have registered with us
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (i.e. opted-in to our mailing list)
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the event we use third party technologies to assist with the operation of our site (i.e. mailing list service provider)
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by un-checking the subscribe box on the challenge form we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.